Vancouver’s Imanos returns with yet another rambunctious trap mix, but this one is quite different from Love Trap or Trapped In Brooklyn. Though premiered once again through Jay Z’s Life + Times, Trap Nation has a tracklist that can help draw one simple correlation: they are all Roc Nation artists. If you’re wondering why you haven’t heard any of these remixes prior to this week, it’s because they are exclusive, unique productions coordinated especially for this release. So where does Imanos come in? He didn’t just just mix the tracks; he executive produced the entire thing, assuming responsibility for selecting producers that he firmly believed in. The opening rework of “Dirt Off Your Shoulders” from Brillz & Z-Trip was an instant favorite, winning our top spot right alongside hometown homies Slander with their remix of “Awooga.” Turn up!
Imanos x Life + Times – Trap Nation
01. JAY Z – Dirt Off Your Shoulders (Brillz & Z-Trip Remix)
02. Willow Smith – Whip My Hair (ETC!ETC! Remix)
03. Timbaland Ft. Drake – Say Something (eSenTRIK Remix)
04. Rihanna – Where Have You Been (Morten Breum Remix)
05. Shakira Ft. Kid Cudi Did It Again – (Wiggz N Wonz Remix)
06. Calvin Harris Ft. Example – We’ll Be Coming Back (What So Not Remix)
07. Rihanna – Birthday Cake – (D∆VEN Remix)
08. Calvin Harris – Awooga (Slander Remix)
09. M.I.A. – Bad Girls (Nonsens Remix)
10. JAY Z – 99 Problems (Singularity Remix)
11. Rihanna – Rude Boy (Stooki Sound Remix)
12. JAY Z – Lucifer (Neon Mansion Remix)
13. M.I.A. – Boyz (gLAdiator Remix)
14. Wale Ft. Tiara Thomas – Bad (Yarin Lidor Remix)
15. Timbaland Ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E., Sebastian – The Way I Are (Aylen Remix)
16. Rita Ora – How We Do (Riton Remix)
17. Kylie Minogue – Slow (J-LAH Remix)18. Rihanna Ft. Calvin Harris – We Found Love (Faustix & Imanos Remix)
May 12, 2013
California native Mackenzie Johnson, or MAKJ on stage, has had no downtime since the onset of his new career as a music producer and DJ. Starting from a young age, he traveled often for his previous profession and was exposed to the various musical stylings in nightclubs at the time, gifting him with a vast knowledge of dance music and DJ techniques. Back in the States, MAKJ apprenticed the late DJ AM, who is world renowned for his scratching skills.
Fast forward a little bit, and Mackenzie is getting his bootlegs and mashups played on Hardwell and Tiesto’s radio shows, exploding his career forward at an exponential rate. This year, he has releases lined up on Hardwell’s Revealed Recordings label, the Bingo Players’ Hysteria Records, Nicky Romero’s Protocol Recordings, and Robbie Rivera’s Juicy Music, not to mention continuing residencies in Vegas and bookings at top festivals. We had the chance to ask MAKJ a few questions this week, so catch the full interview after the jump! Also, don’t miss him headlining the Yost Theater in Santa Ana this Friday with Henry Fong!
PREVIEW: MAKJ – Hold Up (Original Mix)
As our war-torn legs, feet, and minds recover from the madness that ensued on Indio’s beautiful Polo Grounds this past weekend, we are soon reminded that our favorite day of the week is right around the corner. This can only mean one thing: it’s time for another installation of Polaroid Thursdays. In case you didn’t get your deep fix inside the Yuma tent at Coachella, don’t fret, because some of the best in the game are coming to our home field to play.
Germany’s tech and deep house prodigies Tube & Berger are making a pit stop at Couture on the 18th, blessing us with infectious tunes all evening. We’ve got another 5 tickets to give away this week, so tell your friends where you’ll be on Little Friday. Contest and entry details after the jump!
Polaroid Thursdays - Tickets | Facebook | Twitter
Rashid Ajami & Jerome Robins – Unstoppable (Tube & Berger Remix)
Tube & Berger – Imprint Of Pleasure
April 16, 2013
House, Tech House
Last weekend, the team had the pleasure of catching Sander van Doorn at one of Sin City’s favorite hotspots, Marquee Las Vegas. While the brand already hosts some of the best dance music parties in Vegas, New York, and Sydney, they continue to show the utmost dedication to representing and booking only the world’s best talent. They’ve recently expanded into the digital music marketplace, launching a new self-titled compilation series called Marquee, which features some of the company’s resident and affiliated DJs.
Volume 1 features 2 discs, each with hand-selected tracks, reaching across a broad spectrum of genres for every audience to enjoy. The style of mixing from Mr. Q is very enjoyable, and he ensures that there is never a dull moment throughout the 2.5 hour journey. Pick it up on iTunes, and play it through your car stereo on the next drive to Vegas!
Dannic – Clobber (Original Mix)
Gareth Emery – The Saga (Original Mix)
Audien feat. Ruby Prophet – These Are The Days
SICK INDIVIDUALS – Soldiers (Original Mix)
CD 1 TRACKLIST
01. Festen – Wassup Vegas (Marquee Edit)
02. Junkie XL – Molly’s E (Nicky Romero Molly’s E Remix)
03. Dannic – Clobber (Original Club Mix)
04. ATB featuring Ramona Nerra – Never Give Up (Stefan Dabruck & Tocadisco Remix)
05. Franky Rizardo & Roul and Doors – Elements (Hardwell & Dannic Remix)
06. Andain – Promises (Marco V Remix)
07. EDX – Acido (Original Mix)
08. Eric D-Lux – Elevator
09. Dirty South & MYNC Project – Everybody Freakin (Original Mix)
10. Cosmic Gate & Andrew Bayer – Nothing Ever Lasts (Nitrous Oxide Remix)
11. Digitalism – Zdarlight (Fedde Le Grand & Deniz Koyu Remix)
13. Joachim Garraud – Bring It Back (The Beat)
14. Sultan + Ned Shepard featuring Quilla – Walls (Original Mix)
15. Joe Ghost – Are You Ready (Hardwell Rework)
16. Kaskade & Skrillex – Lick It (Kaz James Remix)
CD 2 TRACKLIST
01. Audien featuring Ruby Prophet – These Are The Days (Original Mix)
02. Shawnee Taylor, Denis The Menace & Sandro Monte featuring Erick Morillo – Love In Me
03. Blake Jarrell – Cala Nova (Original Mix)
04. Garmiani & Salvatore Ganacci – The City Is Mine (Original Mix)
05. Paul Oakenfold & Matt Goss present The Concrete Sneakers – Touch The Sky (Disfunktion Remix)
06. Vice – Up in the Game
07. EC Twins & Andy D’Arrigo – Rock N Roll Music
08. Gareth Emery – The Saga (Original Mix)
09. Denzal Park – Yarl (Original Mix)
10. SICK INDIVIDUALS – Soldiers (Original Mix)
11. Muzzaik & Dave Martin – Let’s Go (Original Club Mix)
12. Gabriel & Dresden featuring Betsie Larkin – Play It Back (Original Mix)
13. Arty, Nadia Ali & BT – Must Be The Love (Shogun Remix)
14. Dash Berlin featuring Kate Walsh – When You Were Around (Ferry Corsten Fix)
15. Glenn Morrison – Marquee
16. Ferry Corsten – Kudawudashuda (Original Mix)
Purchase Marquee on
Follow Marquee on Facebook | Twitter | Website
With their grand opening and premiere just last week, Polaroid Thursdays has already created a presence that resonates deep within the veins of our beloved Los Angeles. While dance music events are abundant throughout the city, all but one fail to throw aside the nonsense and focus on what really matters… the music. That’s right, there are no gimmicks, high entry prices, or $16 drinks to deal with at Polaroid. What you fill find are all-star lineups and a room full of people just like you, ready to dance the night away. Jacques Renault and Lane 8 delivered groovy performances on the debut night, making for a boldly successful launch of what will be one of our favorite weekly events for months to come.
This week features two of our favorite producers, Amtrac and Bit Funk, both of whom are an absolute pleasure to catch live. In case you still need convincing for some reason, we’ve got 5 tickets up for grabs to give to a few lucky winners. Contest and entry details after the jump!
Polaroid Thursdays - Tickets | Facebook | Twitter
Azari & III – Lost In Time (Amtrac Remix)
Tony Romera & Jordan Viviant – Alive (Bit Funk Remix)
If you’ve been around long enough, you’ll know that DSCO is no stranger to the scene. Hailing from my own hometown Irvine, DSCO (real name Ruben Smulovitz) started off with a colorful solo career before making a move up to Los Angeles, where he crossed paths with former partner in crime Kevin Chapman to form the duo No Body. After a long and successful run together, the group eventually disbanded. Ruben, anxious to make more music, continued his solo career with much prosperity and effect.
With two charting EPs for Techibeats Records under his belt, DSCO continues to break the boundaries and push limits with every production, infusing elements from trance, house, dubstep, electro house, drum ‘n bass, trap, and everything in between. One thing is for certain, Ruben shows no signs of slowing down, releasing new tunes at an exponential rate for all his fans to enjoy. Keep up to speed with this guy, because he is flying to the top. Check out some of my favorite DSCO tracks below.
Hardwell feat. Amba Shepherd – Apollo (DSCO Edit)
DSCO – Scorpion (Original Mix)
W&W – Lift Off! (DSCO Remix)
DSCO – Are You Ready? (Original Mix)
Support DSCO on Facebook | Twitter | SoundCloud
After teasing fans with this ‘little’ gem at Ultra Music Festival, R3HAB & David Solano demonstrate exactly why “Do It” has been classified an anthem of epic proportions. Out today on Spinnin’ Records, “Do It” is proven to be festival tested and ready, combining key elements from both artists to create a chart-topping hit. Powerful hands-up synths lead the listener into a euphoric state of mind, building up the energy before finally unleashing a large helping of R3HAB’s signature chainsaw sounds. To celebrate the release, the pair are hosting a contest which rewards fans based on the success of “Do It” in the rankings. See details below for your chance to meet the DJs, or even shoot paint from a cannon during the LIC tour.
R3hab & David Solano – Do It (Life In Color Anthem 2013)
April 3, 2013