If you tuned into Mixify a few weeks back for the RISE Digital Music Festival, you probably heard this track during gLAdiator‘s crowd-favorite set. These LA natives are some of the most talented producers and DJs in the genre, and the same can definitely be said about Atlanta producer heRobust who has worked hard to maintain a constant flow of notable productions over the past year. The two got together and collaborated on “We Are,” a refreshing and novel original which utilizes unique aspects of both parties involved. Try dancing to it, you’ll find new ways every time. Pick up the free download below.
After teasing us with this number at his historic Size In The Park event last year, Steve Angello finally spilled the beans on “Hit It,” a production expertly crafted by three of the best names in Miami: GTA, Henrix and Digital Lab. Newly released on Size Records, this track is characterized by punchy synth melodies and writhing progression from phase to phase, using tension to keep your attention fixated throughout. The subtle, spacey breakdown (which is characteristic to GTA’s styling) escalates into a beautiful dubstep bridge, while using distorted bass sounds to give both depth and drive to the drums. After a long, anxiety-ridden build, you’re rewarded with a glorious, pulsating beat reminiscent of tracks like “Epic” and “Atom.” Clipped vocal samples and creative rhythms provide accents and urge the track forward, keeping the energy level well over 9000. Grab it on Beatport below.
It’s both exciting and hard to believe that Miami Music Week is almost upon us already, but what better way to set the mood than with an explosive new mix from none other than RL Grime. Deemed the official mixtape of Hard Miami 2013, this 20-track selection seems to just get better and better the more you listen. Set to take place over a 2 day period starting Wednesday March 20 at Grand Central, the Hard Miami event has a rock solid lineup that will surely draw many eager attendees. RL Grime will be playing on the first day, sharing the stage with names like Borgore, UZ, Flume and more. Additionally, Hard will be hosting a pool party on the 22nd with even more amazing artists. Tickets can be purchased here.
2. Up (Earthquake)- DJ Fresh, Diplo
3. Express Yourself (Gent & Jawns Remix) (RL Grime $$$ Edit)- Diplo
4. Medicine- Krampfhaft
5. Burn- Meek Mill & Big Sean
6. Mosh it Up- Kill The Noise
7. CLIQCLIQ- RL Grime & Salva
8. Get Excited- Crookers & STS
9. MXLLY- Pyramid Juke
10. Pour it Up (RL Grime Remix)- Rihanna
11. JWLS is Bored pt. VII (Lobster Beat)- JWLS w/ Same Damn Time (Acapella)
12. Whut (RL Grime Edit)- Kid Kamillion
13. Believe It Ft. Rick Ross- Meek Mill
14. City Star- Rustie
15. Jah No Partial (Yung Felix & Yellow Claw Remix)- Major Lazer
16. Bird Machine- DJ Snake & Alesia
17. I’m Different- 2 Chainz
18. Satisfaction (RL Grime Remix)- Benny Benassi
19. Pyramids (DJ Sliink Remix)- Frank Ocean
20. Rather Get Some Head x Mad Sax- Guido Vs. Three Six Mafia
Since the surprising and slightly upsetting disbursement of the big room house duo No Body, both members have been hard at work on their individual projects. Kevin Chapman, who now goes by FYOR (pronounced Fire), has released a plethora of originals, remixes, bootlegs, and collaborations since that time. Most recently, Kevin got together with Oceanside producer Floorplay (you know, when the bed is too small for you and your lady friend, so you move to the floor) for “6th Element,” a simple yet effective progressive house banger. The production sounds like something straight out of Axwell’s magic hat, with every attention paid to the detail of individual elements like the cymbals and effects. Paired with an uplifting medley of super saw synths, “6th Element” is certified for the arena. Grab the free download below.
RG favorite Imanos needs no further introduction on this website. I’ve been rinsing his last mix Trapped In Brooklyn and the first episode of Love Trap religiously and as I’m listening, I look at the tracklist and tell myself “man, that’s like exactly what I would have picked too.” Needless to say, I’ve been on edge while eagerly waiting for new material, which is why I high fived myself the night before Valentine’s Day after he mentioned that we’d be seeing Volume 2 the following morning. As always, he did not disappoint. There are plenty of exclusives this time around, most notably that amazing first track from Keys N Krates. Grab the free download below, and stay tuned while we wait for Imanos’ highly anticipated Mad Decent EP in the not so distant future.
02. Porter Robinson & Mat Zo – Easy (Willy Joy Remix)
03. eSenTRIK – What Goes Around
04. Houcemate – Don’t Stop
05. Grandtheft – Give Me More
06. BenZel – Fallin Love (Cashmere Cat Remix)
07. Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z & Big Chocolate – Suit & Trap (The Melker Project Remix)
08. Usher – Climax (Flosstradamus & Diplo Remix)
09. Akon – Locked Up (salute Remix)
10. Ne-Yo – Let Me Love You (Robust Remix)
11. Kendrick Lamar Feat. Dr. Dre – The Recipe (Trapback Remix)
12. Zedd Feat. Foxes – Clarity (Brillz Remix)
13. Kaskade Feat. Rebecca & Fiona – Turn It Down (DJ Fresh Direct Remix)
14. KAOS – Come Alive
15. Ciara – Sorry (DJ K Millz Club Mix)
16. FALCONS x Mike G – OH!
17. Ta-ku – Brokeas
18. Disclosure Feat. AlunaGeorge – White Noise (J-Lah Remix)
19. Alesso x Dune – Heiress Of Valentina (Aylen Remix)
From the time I first heard their tunes, London duo Snakehips have since earned a special place in my heart with their unique stylings and warming vibes. They’ve truly created their own brand of hip hop beats. We first heard “Miss U Always” when it was previewed as a tribute to the late J Dilla himself a while back, but it seems that the boys have decided on an official release through Majestic Casual today. Really, the only way I can describe this music is feel good. The soulful vocals and uplifting, dreamy synths work perfectly in unison, properly setting the V-Day mood. No word on a download just yet, but keep your eyes and ears peeled.
BONUS VALENTINE VIBES:
Perhaps the one good thing that comes from this miserable holiday we call Valentine’s Day is that so much new music gets released. Racking up over 120,000 SoundCloud plays on their recent remix of Ree$e’s “Molly,” the NY & LA duo LOUDPVCK bring us a brand new original called “Lonely,” fittingly titled for those who might not be tied down right now. Utilizing heavily-reverbed vocals and a highly contagious instrumental, Kenny & Ryan stay consistent with their hot streak of productions. As usual, they were kind enough to offer the track as a free download, one of the many reasons we love them so much. Grab it below!
ALSO MUST HEAR: